Friday, June 17, 2011

Glitter Nail Polish and PINK Duffle Bags

Now Playing: "In the Air" by Mac Miller

Hello there! Even though it's 3:30PM, I feel so accomplished with the day. I woke up at nine, fed Moose, ate breakfast, and worked out. Since we are going on our annual family vacation to the Cape this weekend and the dogs will be in a kennel, I wanted to bathe them. Moose is the only short-haired dog. I guess I was way over my head because I was used to having the whole process take about ten minutes and that he dries fast. Our other two dogs are Shelties, and with their long hair, they take longer to wash, rinse, brush, and dry. I don't even know, honestly, if I got all the shampoo out! But they look so clean and are really soft!

Today, my goal was to clean and pack. I haven't dusted my room in over a month. That's how busy I am. After working six days a week, the last thing I want to do when I come home is take an hour to clean my room. Because I don't do a basic cleaning. When I clean my room, I dust, Windex, reorganize, change my sheets, and wash my comforter. I am proud to say my room is very clean and so is my bathroom! There's something about being in a clean room, sleeping in clean sheets, and just the smell of cleaning products. I hate cleaning, but when I do it, I love the result.

I have been really into reading lately. So much that I even signed up for a Border's Rewards card. I am reading 400 page books in 3 days. But, it's either that I read so fast or I take forever for a book. But with an over three hour car ride to and back from vacation each way, down time by the pool, and trips to various parts of the Cape, I purchased three books: The Book of Tomorrow and Thanks For the Memories, both by Cecilia Ahern and The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra McVoy. I have never spent $45 at a bookstore.

As I mentioned, tomorrow we are going on vacation. Of course, I have to paint my nails for the occasion! A summer trip is not complete without a fresh coat of polish on your toe and fingernails. I have  Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot! on and then added a coat of Pink Me I'm Good, both by OPI, on them. It's fun and fresh for summer! But now I need to stop buying nail polish...

I'm going to grab a load of laundry and enjoy my Island Nectar candle from Bath & Body Works. Have a good few weeks. I'll be back soon!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're having (or you had) fun on your vacation!
    and I agree with you on cleaning. I HATE cleaning, but I do enjoy the result in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

    As for spending that much at a bookstore, the more you read, the more you'll spend. Maybe not always in one sitting, but trust me. Wherever you buy your books from, you might want to consider joining their rewards program if you want to continue being an avid reader. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your vacation was fun! :D And I know what you mean about being too busy to clean. I don't dust or vacuum as often as I should since my room usually stays clean, but I love the clean-room feeling so it's always nice to do that. Also, it's awesome you're reading so much this summer!

    ReplyDelete