Monday, May 30, 2011

Sizzilin' Hot

Now Playing: "Someone Like You" by Adele

Hello ladies! Wow, it's been a while. I feel like that is something I always start a blog post off with.  But, this is two posts in the month of May - that's a start, right?

So at first, my summer was so boring. I only worked three days a week. I needed more, so I went with my friend Nikki and we decided to go job hunting. After 14 applications, I found a job at Pier One Imports in less than a week! So now, I am working six days a week and making some more money...at least that's the plan. Now, my summer won't be as boring. I'm the type of person that cannot just sit at home all day. I feel the need to be active at all times.

As a result of making all this money that I am predicting to, I am also saving. Today, I found the cutest shirt at Old Navy, and even though it was on sale, I put it back and walked out of the store. I feel like I'm living in the Confessions of a Shopaholic movie! :) I did purchase a few things but spent under $30 today so I feel really accomplished. Baby steps, right?

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I am in the process of redoing my room. In fact, I'm almost done! I need to just find the perfect comforter (the Damsak theme is my fave!) and curtains and I will be all set. But I can't find a colored one, just a black one or a baby pink (and that's the color of my walls). I've been hunting all over and just can't find one.

Today is Memorial Day and it is so hot outside! It is 87, but with the humidity, it feels more hot. It's one of those days where you sit in you room with the air conditioning because it is the coolest place in the house...that explains my day in a nutshell.

Well, it's off to going missing for a few more weeks. I'll talk to you all soon!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about having to keep busy! Congrats on finding a second job, I can only hope that I'll be able to do so!

    Good job on cutting back (at least a little lol) on your shopping! Hope your room remodeling goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on finding a second job! you're really lucky that you have these jobs. I'm currently looking for one for the short amount of time that I'm here because...I'm kind of broke :P

    That's awesome that you're cutting back on shopping. I honestly wish that I could say that I'm doing the same thing, but...I'm not, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the second job! Just make sure to not stress yourself out with all that working! ^_^

    ReplyDelete