Sunday, May 8, 2011

Summer 2011, Baby!


On Friday, I began summer vacation! It's nice to be on break. These past few weeks became so stressful, with lack of sleep and drama, that it's nice to be able now to relax for almost four months.

Reflecting on my college experience makes me realize how far I have come. I used to be that girl that would know you're talking about me, but never confront you. I'm not afraid to stand up for myself now. I have learned how to study and get really good grades (all A's and B's now!) and learn how to take advantage of the offers around me. And, that getting a tutor doesn't mean you're failing or dumb, but just want help.

At first, I hated my school. It's 2 hours away and I was homesick. Now, I have left with a solid group of friends, a handful of nicknames, and so many personal connections with various professors. I know now that I picked the right school for me as a person and learner, regardless of it's $44,000 a year price tag.

I have quite a few goals this summer for myself. First, I want to use the exercise bike we have more often that I do. I want to add things to my room (like this jewelry hanger for my Tiffany's and Pandora bracelets and necklace). I also need to keep myself busy by getting a second job. I want to read more and light my candle (candles are so soothing!) more often.

I'm going to have a restful week then go back to Massachusetts for taking an MTEL and then coming back and it's work and the job hunt! It's going to be a long summer. This is something I need.

Talk to you ladies soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing your first year of college on such a high note! Good luck on your exam, though I don't know what that is, but good luck anyway! That's great you love your school now too. =)

    Good luck with all your goals this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your summer is going great so far! And congrats on all of your good grades, keep up the good work! I'm really glad that you've learned to love your school. I'm sad to be leaving my college for the summer since it really feels like my home now, but I'm sure that you're enjoying being home. XD Good luck with reading/exercising/working this summer!

    ReplyDelete